Dear Parents and Caddo Employees:
Because of all of the recent events surrounding the Ebola Virus illness, Caddo Parish Schools wants to remind our families of some important facts regarding this and other diseases. At this time we have no reason to believe that the situation presents a threat to our students, staff or community. We are in close contact with the health authorities and will follow their directives. As the holidays approach we would caution travelers to be sure to review travel plans in order to estimate possible exposure to the virus. We will continue to follow the procedures for an ill child.
- Isolate students who have symptoms of any illness
- Students with fever 101.4 or greater will be sent home. They must be ‘fever free’ for 24 hours without having medication, before returning to school.
- Student experiencing diarrhea (3 or more episodes of loose stools per 24 hours) must be free for 24 hours without medication before returning to school.
- Students must not come to school if vomiting 2 or more times over 24 hours. They should have 1 or 2 meals without vomiting before returning to school.
- Encourage UNIVERSAL PRECAUTION procedures for all students and staff.
The custodial staffs’ will continue to follow appropriate cleaning and sanitizing guidelines for our buildings.
Please be assured that Caddo Parish Public School Administrators will continue to communicate with health authorities.